Given how much I love tulips, it's surprising that I don't have a tulip quilt. Well, actually not, because I haven't loved any of the tulip blocks I've seen out there. They tend to be blocky (no pun intended) and square and short. Then I spotted this one, but wanted to make it mine.
I like that the blocks aren't square, because tulips aren't square. They're tall and elegant.
So who's with me? I'll lead the Tiptoe Quilt Along. I'll provide all the info you need: cutting requirements, fabric needs, block instructions. Here's how it will go:
- January 8-13: Kickoff party - pull the fabric you're going to use and share a photo (or not!)
- January 15-20: Block #1 cutting requirements and block tutorial
- January 22-27: Block #2 cutting requirements and block tutorial
- January 29-February 3: Block #3 cutting requirements and block tutorial
- February 5-10: Sashing cutting requirements and quilt layout
- February 12-17: Show and tell your final quilt flimsy!
I'll gather together some prizes for y'all, if you like. But the biggest prize is going to be having this gorgeous quilt in your life. If you make the big one, you'll have one to fit a queen sized bed! But even just 16 blocks makes for a nice throw quilt.