I LOVE this idea. I've been wanting to write a confessional for, like, forever! Amy, at 13 Spools, has shocked the quilting world with her disdain for Aurifil (sister, I hear ya) and wonky log cabins (can I get an AMEN!). Such fun, and I wanted to join in.
Be prepared. I will most likely offend you.
1. I don't like Kona Solids. Let's just get the tomato throwing out of the way now. Don't like the feel of them. Never have. Never will.
2. I never, ever, EVER hand sew a binding. Ever. Machine stitching. I have five kids, who drag my quilts around the backyard and spill things on them and use them for forts. I need some seriously sturdy binding on those babies.
3. My oldest WIP was started in Seattle. I've had another baby since then (who turns 3 next month), moved twice, and put a husband through law school. Yikes!
4. I don't do low volume, negative space, wonky, or improv. So. Not. Me.
5. I don't really get the fuss about pressing instructions. Yeah, I know people like things to nest, but I always screw them up. I forget which way I'm supposed to be pressing which row/column, so I just press everything open and my life is so much simpler.
6. Scrappy. I'm easing into it, but the whole scrap-vomit look will never happen. My OCD brain can't handle it.
7. I have never prewashed. I know, I live on the edge, but I'm not the only one!
8. I have a lot of projects going at once. I love it and I hate it. I want more finished, but there are constraints that I have to live with. It's not going to keep me out of my sewing room.
9. Crapplique (borrowed this term from my friend Cristina) is not for me. Do it if you like, but don't try to convince me otherwise.
10. I am close-minded, because I detest batiks. All of them. Haven't met one I like yet. This makes me a fabric bigot, and I'm not afraid to own it.
So write your own, and link up. these are such fun!