24 April 2012

Am I allowed to take a break?

Took a walk this evening with my oldest son. It was less about exercise and more about one on one time with him. The things I learned:

Dandelions are my favorite flower, according to him.

He wants to have a dog named Oscar or Herbie someday.

We walked past a giant crater in the ground that might have been from a meteor or something.

As we walked, I took the time to remind myself that I need to have more of these walks and talks, with all my kids. Fabric and quilts can wait.

I'll still be here, but less busy. I'm working on dresses for my girls and all my quilts. But I've got a crawling baby I need to watch like a hawk these days, and four other kids who are growing up way too fast.

I'm working on striking a balance, because I haven't yet.

2 comments:

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball