It's October. The skies are clear, which must mean that the fires are out or close to out. I don't have a cold anymore. Kids are healthy. Open windows, fresh air, sunshine and falling leaves. My life is great!
It's going to be busy around here this week. I've got the 3Q FAL link up, plus my 4Q FAL list to post. Then there's the Friday Finish. And I'm gonna share with y'all how I multi-task and get my prep work done for the next several quilts.
But, for now, let's see how I did.
Last week's list:
- Quilt and bind TWO Christmas quilts
The double hourglass quilt was finished by Friday, but I complicated my life (I know, shocking, right?) by adding a border and rendering the backing I'd made kind of useless. Which is sort of fine with me. I'm thinking I want to back it with Minky anyway. If I ever leave this Minky-free zone I live in.
- Make chair cushion to go with my sewing machine cover
- Piece back for R2D2 quilt (please let that stuff arrive!)
- Finish at least one dress
Just some sneaky peaks for now - I've got to have a finish for Friday, don't I?
Love this pattern. I did things a smidge differently, but I'm happy with the length and the bodice. It's just so darn cute. And my girl loves it, so I'd say it's a win.
The other two are made with this pattern from Simplicity. Jo-Ann's is having a 99 cent pattern sale soon. Check your flyer - that's when I stock up. I just browse online, write them down and go pick them up.
- Work on paper pieced wall hangings (maybe, which means I'll probably do this first!)
Phew. That was a lot of work! I'm tired just blogging about it.
On to this week!
- Pressing prep for cutting day on Saturday (more on this tomorrow)
- Sew together Lucy's Crab Shack triangles (at least the first 8 rows)
- Press Halloween HSTs
- Press spiderweb quilt strips
- Plan and start a birthday dress for my baby girl who turns ONE in two weeks!