07 December 2017

Tiptoe Quilt Along

I know, you're all in the middle of Christmas. Me too. But around this time of year, when the skies are very grey, I start dreaming of the Tulip Festival in the Skagit Valley of Washington. The skies are grey then, but I don't notice it as much because of all the pretty flowers.

Given how much I love tulips, it's surprising that I don't have a tulip quilt. Well, actually not, because I haven't loved any of the tulip blocks I've seen out there. They tend to be blocky (no pun intended) and square and short. Then I spotted this one, but wanted to make it mine.




I like that the blocks aren't square, because tulips aren't square. They're tall and elegant.

So who's with me? I'll lead the Tiptoe Quilt Along. I'll provide all the info you need: cutting requirements, fabric needs, block instructions. Here's how it will go:
  • January 8-13: Kickoff party - pull the fabric you're going to use and share a photo (or not!)
  • January 15-20: Cutting requirements for all blocks and sashing
  • January 22-27: Block #1 building and tips
  • January 29-February 3: Blocks #2 and 3 building and tips
  • February 5-10: Sashing and final quilt layout
  • February 12-17: Show and tell your final quilt flimsy!
I'll gather together some prizes for y'all, if you like. But the biggest prize is going to be having this gorgeous quilt in your life. If you make the big one, you'll have one to fit a queen sized bed! But even just 16 blocks makes for a nice throw quilt.

19 comments:

  1. Very cute blocks - especially love the movement of the leaves in making them go different ways and lengths! Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Finally, a really nice looking tulip! I'm going to try this for my very first quilt along..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tulips also!!! I would love to join in ....where do I buy the pattern or are you providing that free?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne - the pattern will be free! I'll post everything right here.

      Delete
  4. Count me in! I too love tulips and living in Seattle, I've visited the tulip fields several times. Stunning--color as far as the eye can see. I haven't dona a quilt along before so I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it! It would make such a great spring time table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in! I love the gray background you've chosen. Just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun. Love tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennie,
    Thanks! Thanks for sharing these wonderful looking tulips!
    I haven't made a tulip block before! Have to join in the fun!
    A nice mid winterproject! It just might be completed before the tulips bloom here in Spring in The Netherlands!
    Thanks!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love tulip so count me to make a pillow or table runner.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. count me in too!! Love the tulips

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will be fantastic. I’m planning on painting dyeing some fabrics for my tulip petals, I can’t wait!
    Have safe travels and enjoy reconnecting with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds great. Count me in. You had me with the tulip pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tulips without appliqué? I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try this one as well. I realize I am late responding, but still interested.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Здравствуйте , очень красиво

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where can I find the Tulip Quilt pattern???

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball