09 January 2014

First Quarter FAL: Second verse, same as the first!

Finish Along 2014

Well hello there 2014! Nice to meet ya!

And here is my 2014 1QFAL list. I got 14 done last quarter. Here's hoping this quarter is kinder to me. I have my quilt retreat at the end of January, so I'm hoping things get done. But life will always take priority, because it should.

Still, I do love the time I do get to sew and create. This winter has already been a cold one, and we're all so grateful for my cozy creativity! They make for some seriously pretty forts on Fridays too!

But here's my lovely, long list:

1. Sew Cherry Grannies - now that I'm confident and comfortable with the long arm, this baby is top priority. I want this quilt on my bed for the spring!


2. Apple of My Eye Hexies - just need to decide which flavor of minky goes best. Yellow? Red? Aqua?


3. Giant Glamping Hexies - it's all cut out, just needs to be pieced and needs a back


4. Mini Glamping Hexies - got the back - hot pink minky! - and quilting


5. Glamping Trips - once I figured out the border fiasco, it was smooth sailing, so now it needs a back and quilting


6. Happy Go Lucky On A Whim - I've got a yellow minky back for this baby!


7. I Love Lucy Churn Dash - taking this one on the retreat to finish the top. Then I have to back it in a red polka dot Minky. Please don't ask me why.


8. Mama Said Sew Disappearing 4-patch - are you tired of seeing this one on my list? Yah, me too. Need a red minky back and some serious quilting time!


9. Happy Go Lucky Briar Rose - needs a back and some quilting


10. HGL Nines and Snowballs - needs a back and quliting


11. Simple Life Dottie #1
12. Simple Life Dottie #2 - the borders got done last quarter, so these girls just need backs (red and aqua minky, respectively) and quilting


13. Too Cute to Spook Hexies - this baby is going on retreat with me too


14. Quite Contrary Kaleidoscope - needs a back (red or green minky) and quilting


15. Scrumptious Swoon - Blocks are all done and I'm so excited! LOVE this quilt!


16. Sophia bag for my daughter


17. Blooming Lovely Open Season - cut it out when my machine was down - piece it, quilt it, snuggle with it!


18. Enchanted Forest Hot Cross - another one that got cut out when my machine was down - piece, quilt, snuggle


19. Glamping Weekender for me - just like the one I made for my sister-in-law for Christmas - squares are cut out, lining is cut out - just need some more canvas and a whole lot of patience!


20. Scrumptious Scrappy Trip - just felt like making another one - strips are cut - might take this one on retreat because it's so easy and fun


21. My chair - oh, my chair. It needs to be red. With white polka dots. So when my Sew Cherry quilt is on my bed, it doesn't feel ugly. 


22. Spider web quilt - hey, it will be done early for THIS Halloween!


23.Alpine Wonderland On A Whim - yes, I know it was a Christmas gift. I'll just get it done now so it's ready for next year!


24. Easy as Cake - yep, a Christmas quilt. But I've got two Halloween quilts on that list, so what's the big deal?


25. Ready Set Snow Matchbox - another Christmas quilt.


26. Lucy's Triangles - all ready to be quilted and used this summer!


27. Hello Sunshine Wagon Wheels


28. Finish my umbrella girl Weekender


29. Scrumptious Scraps Pillow Shams - I've got a whole Pinterest board devoted to pillows, so I'll get some great ideas there.


30. Posy Kiss Me quilt - this one ALMOST got done, but I just got burnt out on the longarm and didn't feel like finishing another quilt.


31. Delft Blue Dutch Pinwheels - my oldest WIP, I'm fairly certain. Almost got done during the quilting binge, but just didn't have it in me.


32. Arkansas Traveler Bee Quilt - gotta figure out the layout and sashing and whatnot, but I'm excited for this quilt!


That's a nice, roundish number, isn't it? I'm trying to balance it with things that I know I can get done and things I want to at least make progress on.

14 comments:

  1. So many projects!! I love the ones with yellow in them particularly. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the chair:) I also am in awe of the Arkansas Traveler diamond blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun, Jennie! I think #2 could use a pink or aqua minky. Your borders on #5 turned out perfect. Simple, but fun. Have a fabulous time at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love every single one of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a lot of projects :) so many lovely quilts to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's dedication... just to find and photograph them all to list! I cannot wait to see how many you get completed! Puts my own list to shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful projects! Love all of the bright fabrics and looking forward to seeing them when complete! :-)

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful list! Looking forward to seeing your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love all your colourful WIPs though, and can't wait to see what you get done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 32?? Holy smokes, do you sleep? :)
    Wonderful list, good luck getting them all done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so beautiful - I love looking at all the different fabrics and patterns you've used... very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - so many WIP´s. Hope you can Focus on some of them to finish in Q1. Great Projects. So curious, what you can finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so many projects! That's about 11 a month. Where do you get the time? Do you not sleep a great deal? I ask this seriously coz I know you have five kids and homeschool. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with your quilts!! I especially like number 14 Quite Contrary Kaleidoscope. Do you have any instructions on how to make this? Book reference?

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball