31 October 2014

Friday Finish: Babe, Hobbes, and a Hobo Bag

Lest you think all I ever sew are bags and quilts, let me assure you. I get requests for things all the time from my kids. Slippers, scarves, hats, nightgowns. This year, Halloween costumes weren't decided until the 11th hour. Not like a few years ago where I worked for a full MONTH on this Iridessa costume:


You can't see it, but there are a lot of little petals on that waist. And the fabric was slippery. This is why I stick with cotton!

But this year, I had a Paul Bunyan. And he had to have a Babe:


And I had a Johnny Appleseed, who needed a burlap sack for his seeds:


And then there's Calvin, who wouldn't be Calvin without a Hobbes:


It's been a busy week of sewing, but I got them all done in time for trick-or-treating.


3 comments:

  1. Great costumes! I got a last minute idea to sew drawstring treat bags for the trick-or-treaters. Good thing I live in a small town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and so original. We were able to make do with what we had this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Johnny Appleseed! He is my great great great great great great great Uncle John Chapman!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball