31 July 2015

Friday Finish: Happy Go Lucky Briar Rose Quilt

I fell in love with the Happy Go Lucky line when it first came out. I made several (yet-to-be-finished) quilts with it. This is my first, and possibly last, king-sized quilt.


I made it using the Briar Rose quilt pattern from England Street Quilts.


I quilted a "star-flower" in each of the patchwork blocks, mimicking the flowers in the fabric line. Sort of. It works for me. Backed in butter yellow minky and bound in the red checkered print. And big enough for a seriously huge fort in my living room!


Checking this girl off the 3QFAL list. And resting my shoulders a bit. It was quite the wrestling session getting this one bound this afternoon!

13 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and love that yellow backing. It looks so soft

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you quilted star-flowers on the scrappy patches. This is one of my favourite scrappy quils. I have made a Briar Rose Quilt before and am planning to make another one :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE! Makes my eyes water just thinking about making a quilt this big! Love it. And the yellow backing is a perfect choice. Now rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yellow minky on the back - a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautifully done! Great idea with the quilted star flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! Love the fun Summery color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've loved this quilt top from the first I saw it. Excellent job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It's Beautiful! And thank you very much for leading me to download the pattern!! Did you use 2 jelly rolls or something else? Hers does not look that big and while I no longer have forts built in my home (sad but true) I'd like to make one for my king bed. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a lovely match of quilting and fabric and it does look huge, no wonder your shoulders ache!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the yellow minky! Just curious, what type of machine do you use to create a KING SIZE quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a phenomenal job you have done! It is worth all the effort, enjoy using it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I could tell just looking at this quilt that it was enormous! Love that minky on the back but this quilt must weigh a tonne! Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball