13 May 2016

Friday Finish: Quite Contrary Kaleidoscope

Truth: I love strawberries. LOVE them. There is photographic evidence that this love goes way back. I'm pretty sure I ate every color of strawberry in my Gran's garden. 


I made this kaleidoscope quilt ages ago. I appliqued the circles on a couple years ago (I know, so embarrassing!). And then, big surprise, it wasn't big enough for my tastes. I added the borders and the fun strawberry blocks (from the Strawberry Social quilt pattern by the Pattern Basket).



Quilted all over in loopy swirls. Bound with green gingham. Backed with a pink and green flannel houndstooth.



Checking this girl off my 2QFAL list. Come back next week for a new pattern release!

9 comments:

  1. Your gran would probably really love that you made this quilt. What lively, fun colors and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable, love the border and the cute strawberries in the corners. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a long awaited finish! And the backing matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on a finish for May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PINK! Love this one, Jennie - but then I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! That flannel backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finish, Jennie. Joseph is right here and says he loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic finish! I am about to start a new kaleidoscope quilt, I love the pattern. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global hosts.

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball