02 January 2018

Tiptoe QAL Update!



Hi y'all! I'm all done with Christmas everything and it's time to think about spring. I know, I'm completely skipping over winter, but really, here in the PNW, it's pretty much the same every day. Rain. Rain. Clouds. More rain.

I went back and looked at the pattern and determined that it could use some tweaking. I don't like extra seams when I can avoid them. I've been having a lot of fun deleting things! Pattern is still the same, but fewer seams! Yay for fewer seams!

Now, for the fabric.

There are 4 different sizes for this quilt.
16 block version = 60x84
20 block version = 74x84
24 block version = 88x84
35 block version = 102x104

For every 2 blocks, you will need a fat quarter (FQ) - these measure approximately 18x21" and will give you plenty of fabric for 2 flowers. You might think that if 1 FQ makes two, then a F8 makes one, but that isn't how it works with this one. But you'll be happy with your pretty flowers - I promise!
I will provide the yardage needed for the background and stems/leaves next week. This is not a speedy quilt along, so no need to worry.

I'll be making up the test blocks from the tweaked patterns this week. I'll post pictures - they are so cute!




3 comments:

  1. These are darling tulips! I might join in and make a couple into a table runner if that is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are so cute. Love the different way the leaves go in each!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m joining this one, so pretty! I have the perfect fabric on preorder, hoping it will show up soon!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball