08 June 2015

Make-A-List Color Mondays: Twinkle Twinkle

Last week took a toll on me, let me tell you. Found out I need to have my gall bladder removed, and my thyroid is kaput, so I'm on meds for that. I've also got something wrong with my heart, so we're figuring that out. It was a bit of a roller coaster week. I need to level out a bit!

But it's not going to slow me down too much. Okay, maybe it will. I actually have a "before my surgery" list going now.

Last week's list:
  • Prep for quilting class: I'm teaching them about HSTs, Scrappy Trip blocks, and Disappearing 4-patch blocks. It's going to be fun! - great class - hope we've inspired a few more quilters out there
  • Work on Weekenders - the heart trouble diagnosis and all the appointments has really put the brakes on things.
  • More Flowering Snowball blocks - maybe even finish them - still in the works - this week perhaps
My mom is here taking care of me this week, and we're simplifying my life as best we can, so there's not much on the agenda besides organization:
  • Finish Flowering Snowball blocks
  • Cut fabric for Gingham table runner
  • Sew Giraffe Open Wide Pouches
  • Cut and sew Zebra Pillow
  • Get started on Elephant Ticker Tape quilt
That's all. Those last three are for a swap that's due to ship on July 1st, so I've got to get busy. Those deadlines are handy little things, aren't they?

Now, I was running out of ideas, and I wanted to do something that was friendly to my Southern Hemisphere participants, so I asked my daughter. Always keep an imaginative eleven year old around. Her suggestion? Well, after dragons, was stars. So I give you STARS!


What about you? Any star pictures to share?

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of stress all at once, hope your surgery and recovery are easy and the heart issues are minor! Take care of yourself, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Color Mondays, they're so inspiring! So sorry to hear of your health problems. Take care of yourself, and know that prayers are being said in your behalf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My image is very similar to yours! But mine is the Southern Cross. Can't wait to see the Snowballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Jennie! I feel terrible! I just skipped straight to the picture as I was in a hurry this morning and didn't read about your troubles. I hope it is all sorted out soon and you are feeling better. Do you have a surgery date yet? Or do you have to go on a waiting list? I will be thinking of you.

      Delete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball