17 January 2012

What I've been up to . . .

Do you forget to blog the process sometimes? I just want to blog finished projects, not the chaos in between. But if I did that, I'd blog less frequently. So here's to New Year's Resolutions - it's all interesting, right?

I cut into some of my Pam Kitty Morning. Usually, for me, it is difficult to cut into fabric I love. Not so. I was so excited to see these put together, I could hardly wait. I might have had a couple of Dr. Peppers just to make sure I stayed up late to get it all cut.

I'm using the Victory Garden quilt pattern and these are coming together much easier than I thought they would. Word of advice? If you are an accurate and careful cutter, you only need 1/2 yard of each fabric. The pattern lists 5/8, and you do get a lovely pile of leftover fabric, but it still is more than you need. Just saying.

So here are the first three blocks:





There will be five of each colorway - blue, yellow and red. I might do more this week, if I can get this project finished:


Dresden wedges. A boatload of them. I got about 30 5-inch wedges from one fat quarter, and I had just over 50 fat quarters. So we're talking over 1500 wedges to sew. So by finished I simply mean having the tops stitched and turned. I'll be watching Downton Abbey reruns when it comes time to turn them all.

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday today. Tomorrow is WIP Wednesday, so let's hope I make some progress! And two finished quilts to post once I get out in the snow and take pictures!

Fresh Poppy Design

2 comments:

  1. OH.MY.GOSH. OHMYGOSH. OMG. o. Totally love love love all of it. Of course you know I love those flag blocks and I cannot wait to see the dresden plates. WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see those dresdens. They are going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball