01 June 2012

Friday Finish, the early evening edition

Boy howdy it's been a week. Any single moms out there, I tip my hat and raise a cold Dr. Pepper in your honor, because honestly, this is impossible. I mean, it's possible, but it's hard.

Like, really, hard.

Wow, how profound was that. My English professors (yes, I have a creative writing degree) would be ashamed of my lame description. I don't care. My brain cells are frying.

Okay, but honestly, I love it and I loved today. It's been a great day, which is why this post is late.

And I do have a finish. Whoop whoop!

That's right, mark another of the ol' list. My 2nd quarter finish-along list is getting shorter! And it's such a great time to cuddle with a flannel quilt. Um, not really. I'll give it to my husband so he doesn't freeze, poor man.

Gotta say, I like this one a lot.

 'Member how I said I'm famous (in my head) for a gingham binding. Well, I'm also partial to a scrappy binding. Because, hey, I didn't have enough aqua gingham, or aqua chevrons, or aqua polka dots, so I just mixed them all together. Because I can.
 Backed in red flannel. Honestly, this is the last time I back a quilt in flannel. Well, I might try a flannel sheet, but I'm not buying anymore bleeding flannel. And no, I'm not using a British expletive. I mean this flannel bleeds. I pre-washed it. I used a truckload of Color Catchers. I washed it FIVE times. It worked, but sheesh.

Oh, and if you're feeling blue, or taking care of five kids by yourself and going a little batty, please visit Cake Wrecks. Be prepared to laugh until you cry. Don't do it while you're trying to nurse a baby to sleep. The two don't mix. Oh, good times.

Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict who has a gorgeous quilt with a great story.

Have a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful finish! As a new-bee quilter, I'm gleaning much from you veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! And I LOVE cake wrecks (and lamebook and passive aggressive notes!) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also decided I won't back a quilt in flannel again (after I've finished all my quilts that already have flannel backs waiting). I used red flannel for a quilt back last year for Christmas, and let's just say it was a TOTAL disaster! ALL the white in the quilt turned pink! I actually threw the whole quilt away (don't hate me)! Cute quilt you have there, and I'm glad the red didn't bleed for you!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball