29 July 2013

Playing with blocks

I had to make my bee blocks (seriously, why do I wait until the end of the month?), and here's what I ended up with:


The tutorial is here, and they are pretty fast. I wish the instructions incorporated the extra HST blocks rather than having double what you need, but it just meant I got to make two more and start my own collection of these blocks. I figure I'll just make a bunch of them when I need to use up some scraps. We'll see how big this can get.

I also made a couple of x-plus blocks. I've seen this around and I love them. We're having a scrap challenge for quilt group this month (on Wednesday - eek!). I wanted to have some scrappy-ish blocks to show. What do you think?


I'm just going to slowly work my way through my yellow, gray and aqua stuff. Add to it here and there. Just for me kinda quilt. So far, I'm loving it. Tutorial here, although I used these measurements to get a 12" block.

5 comments:

  1. I love the peach and purple ones! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple and orange blocks - very nice colour choices - bet they'd look lovely done in pinks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks...all of them, but the first too are so bright and bold. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks! I do the same thing with bee blocks.....wait til the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!!! These are very pretty blocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball