11 December 2013

WIP Wednesday: Patchwork Weekender

Don't do what I do.

Don't get sucked into the Weekender madness. It's an addiction, I tell you. Especially these pieced, quilted ones. You know you've got it bad for Amy Butler bag patterns when you're buying Peltex by the bolt at Joann's when it goes on sale. Yes, that bad.



WAY too much fun people! These patchwork Weekenders are addictive!

I've got the lining fabrics on order, and I'll be cutting the handles and piping this week.

But I have to wait at least 2 days to sew anything! Two whole days! I'm taking my machine in for a tune-up, cleaning, etc. It's doing something weird and I can't figure it out. And I've had it for 2+ years, so it's more than ready. Just wish it wasn't right before Christmas, you know?

But I've got my Husky as back up, and I'm working on Christmas jammies for a friend, so the serger is out. So don't you worry about me!
Linking up! And just a few days left for the giveaway - have you entered?

 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

11 comments:

  1. that is going to be a brilliant Weekender!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GLAMPING! Oh, how I love it! Can't wait to see this finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hate when I have to take a *forced* break when I am in the middle of something like this. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that line. so kitschy cute. it'll be an awesome bag. (btw, i almost bought peltex too but i settled for a bolt of SF-101)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can not wait to see your bag when finished, loving the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah you got it bad for bags!!lol

    I am bringing my machine in today as well. It has been about 2 years since it has been tuned up as well:/ I will probably get yelled at by the repair guy. lol Wish I had a back up,used to,but I gave it to someone whom needed a machine. Ah well...guess I will have to wait patiently. Not one of my strong suits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Bag, Jennie. I know my machine should be serviced but it's running fine and I'd be without it for two weeks not two days ... hmmmmm, maybe I should have a 'spare'!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks like fabulous scrappy fun. Can not wait to see the finished bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag will look fantastic! I've got that pattern on my someday list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabric choices! This is going to be one cheery bag! Sorry to hear about your machine. But IS there a good time to have to bring it in? Good luck making it through those two day!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball