This is what our family does:
No barbecue and boating for us. We especially visit the grave of my grandfather, who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Good man, my Grandad.
I hope you have a lovely Memorial Day, and just like other holidays where there are millions of distractions that diminish the real purpose and meaning of that day, I hope you take a few moments to remember these men and women.
*stepping off my soapbox*
And now let's see how I did on my list from last week:
This week? The law graduate/bar-prep man is hitting the books harder than ever (12+ hours a day), so I'm going a wee bit crazy. Lucky me, I have an amazing mother-in-law who has offered to take the kids on Wednesday. For the whole day! Y'all, what do I do?
Here's what I could do:
- Quilt a quilt, or two (the long-arm is free!)
- Go back home and work on something - my chair project perhaps?
- Go sit at a coffee shop, like the hipster I am, and write a novel on my laptop (no, seriously, I am working on one!)
- Finish stage one of the Econ block flimsy (it will need a border after this)
- Finish my pillowcase tutorial
- Work on the Lucy Crab Shack Weekender
- Get my Texas quilt block designed and photographed (the blog hop is coming, y'all!)