- Finish Giveaway Weekender - ALMOST done! Here's a progress shot:
- Finish Zebra Pillow - deadline June 30th - it just needs to be quilted. What do you think so far:
- Finish Giraffe Open Wide Pouch - deadline June 30th - DONE! Blogged here
- Start Elephant Ticker Tape Wall hanging - deadline June 30th - had to change plans a bit (a rant for another day - grrrr!), but I like what I went with. I'll be quilting these today:
- Finish Gingham table runner - deadline July 3rd - also just needs quilting:
So based on that lil' update up there, guess what I'm doing today?
See, when you're husband comes home for a week, you take advantage of the extra parent and you schedule quilting time. At least that's what I did.
So this week, I plan to:
- Quilt and bind Zebra Pillow
- Quilt and bind Elephant wall hanging
- Quilt and bind Gingham Table runner
- Quilt and bind Simple Life Dottie #1
- And finally finish the Giveaway Weekender
If I can swing it, I'm going in for another quilting day on Friday. We'll see how it works, but I'd LOVE to get a few more things quilted and ready to go.
And now, for the color palette.
Rivers. Why rivers, you ask?
I love rivers. If I could, I'd live right next to one. I love the sound of them. I love sitting by them. I love the way the light plays with them. LOVE them.
I live in a city with a few rivers. And in the hot hot hot summer, we float down them on inner tubes. 2 1/2 hours of floating. It's lovely and relaxing and the cold (freakin' cold!) water feels great. Just don't do what I did the first time I floated the river and forget your sunblock. Worst. Sunburn. Ever.
So here are some of my favorite rivers:
The Boise River:
My beloved Columbia River, twice!
And the Ohanepecosh River at Mt. Rainier - will always be one of my favorite rivers:
How 'bout you? Are you a river person like me? Do you have a favorite list of rivers?