27 May 2016

Flying Four: A new pattern!

Are you back for more Four Patch fun? What did you think of last week's quilt?

Now this one combines three of my favorite blocks: Four Patch, Flying Geese, and Birds in the Air. We're a birding family (we're especially good at birds of prey), and so this one is called Flying Four for my bird-loving daughter.


I love a pattern that, when you put the blocks together, makes secondary patterns. Those extra four patch blocks from the Birds in the Air sitting together, along with the diamonds from the Flying Geese make me pretty happy.

This is a fun quilt that uses either 24 Fat Quarters, or 2 layer cakes (I give cutting instructions for both). The blocks finish up at 24 inches, giving you a 72"X90" quilt. Perfect for a twin sized bed, or in this family, a snuggle quilt.


I used Pie Making Day for this quilt, and I'm seriously sad I don't have more of this fabric! But I'll be okay with the two quilts I've got from this one.


My talented t-shirt quilt expert friend Kate, from Katie Mae Quilts, tested this pattern for me and made an adorable scrappy test quilt:


A pretty little baby quilt, don't you think? She's a wiz with the scraps, I tell ya!

This pattern is available for sale in my Craftsy shop.

And checking this girl off my 2QFAL list as well.

8 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite one so far! I love that it's "snuggle sized". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great scrap buster quilt! Both versions look to good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pattern and I have two layer cakes of Rhoda Ruth which I think would be perfect ... off to buy the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very pretty, such lovely fabrics. I really like the secondary patterns too, the quilt is so eye-catching. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts!!! I really like those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great finish and such a lovely pattern! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global hosts.

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball