20 May 2016

Friday Finish: Four Squared - A New pattern!

Hi all! I've got a new, super quick pattern for you. Warning: I've become a little bit obsessed with four patch blocks, and I'm introducing 3 new patterns that feature them. But we're cool, right? Nothing wrong with four patches.

This week, I have Four Squared. Meet my inner math nerd. I like that the four patches meet up and make some big sixteen patches. I got to teach my kids about exponents with this quilt. Gotta love it when you can combine a quilt pattern with a homeschooling lesson!



These blocks are big. 24 inches, so this quilt comes together pretty quickly. It uses 24 fat quarters, and makes a 72"X90" quilt. I fussy cut some of the squares because the fabric was just begging for it.



My amazingly talented friend Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts did the pattern testing for me, as always. A great friend, and the world's foremost authority on pressing instructions (she's obsessed with nesting seams y'all). Here is her test block - it looks great scrappy:


The pattern is available in my Craftsy shop. Be sure to come back next week for another new pattern!

Oh, and this one was on my 2QFAL list, so I can finally check it off!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this pretty quilt! You're right, that fabric screams "fussy cut!" Your pattern is adorable and Katie's version is too sweet! Surely you'll sell tons of this one, but good luck anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun and easy pattern. It must feel good to check it off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pile of Denyse Schmidt begging to be let out of the closet. Greeeaaaat pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! Four squared. Brilliant. This is a wonderful way to use up all of the tiny scraps taking over your baskets, too! Congratulations on a beautiful finish. On behalf of the 2016 FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball