17 January 2018

Tiptoe QAL Week Two


Who's ready to start cutting into their fabric?

Yeah. Not me either. 

You know when life happens? Well, it happened to me. And I'm working on a billion things at once now. And this QAL is still going to happen, but can we push it back a week or so? We'll still be done in plenty of time for tulip season, I promise!

As promised, here are the yardage requirements for the background fabric and green fabric for each tulip. Like I mentioned before, one fat quarter will get you two tulip tops.

Tablerunner (with five tulips) 23x73"
  • 2 yards background
  • 1/2 yard green
Throw/Twin 60x84"
  • 3 3/4 yards background
  • 1 yard green
Full/Queen 88x84"
  • 5 1/2 yards background
  • 1 1/2 yard green
King 102x104"
  • 7 1/2 yards background
  • 2 yards green

5 comments:

  1. I'm still thinking about colors--a light and a dark for each tulip, yes? Mulling over the idea of a multicolor waterpainted look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready, I'm ready! Okay, I'll just sit patiently over here. I'm going scrappy, so I'll be pulling from the bins for every block. Still haven't decided about background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your patience Kate! Scrappy is going to be so fun! I'm impressed.

      Delete
  4. That sounds lovely? Light and dark works, or just flip your print upside down for the center triangle on the tulip bloom.

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball