31 May 2016

Fabric Tuesday: Sweet Divinity Pinwheel Quilt

A good friend contacted me a while back, asking for a quilty favor. She needed two baby quilts for her cousins. Her mother began a tradition of making baby quilts for all my friend's cousins expecting babies. Unfortunately, her mother passed on last year. Two cousins were expecting babies this month, and she wanted them to get a quilt from a guardian angel.

Enter me! My friend is not a quilter, so I was happy to step in her mother's shoes for a bit.

This quilt had been languishing on my WIP pile for far too long. Started it way back at my last house, and I wasn't about to move another unfinished quilt!




I used this tutorial from Riley Blake, and I love how it turned out. Backed in a soft aqua dot flannel and big enough for a growing baby girl.

Checking this one off my 2QFAL list as well!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, sure, and now you expect me to finish MY Sweet Divinity quilt before moving. Never mind that it just needs borders. Lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Love how you made the pinwheels with strips. Congratulations on a beautiful finish. On behalf of the 2016 FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to step in to a tradition. It's a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball