12 July 2016

Fabric Tuesday: Is it October yet?

I know the sky and the thermostat say it's July, but I'm dreaming of October already. I LOVE October. Pumpkin everything, unless it's apple everything. Sweater weather. Soup weather. Football games. It's the best!

I fell in love with this fabric bundle by Anka's Treasures called Home for the Harvest. I love that it's fall, but it's got bright oranges and turquoise and green in there, along with a gorgeously rich brown. I purchased the kit for the table runner (pattern available here), but I just had to have a quilt too. Here's my tablerunner from last fall:


 I added a few polka dots and ginghams to coordinate and have been working on this one off and one for a few months now. 


My sewing buddy Heather just moved into a new house with a whole lot of floor space, so she let me come over and lay it out in her currently empty living room.  I cannot wait to back this baby in some cozy flannel and get snuggled up with it on my couch this fall!


The pattern is Open Season from this book, although I did modify the cutting instructions to use a fat quarter bundle instead, but that's how I roll. I also added an entire column of flying geese, along with the requisite sashing. Again, because I like bigger cozier quilts. And this one is going to be a favorite, I can already tell.

Happy Tuesday all! Time to enter the Weekender Bag sweatshop!

1 comment:

  1. Is there a pattern for your table runner? It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball