23 July 2012

Make-A-List Monday: where I don't have a picture of my finish!

I finished it, I swear.

I have at least five adult witnesses, plus my children and theirs, to swear they saw the finished quilt (from my 3Q FAL list - the sports one).

I just never got a picture of it. It's in the hands of our awesome friends in Seattle. We were so busy the whole time we were there, we didn't have time for quilt pictures. Crazy, I know, but that's life. Maybe I'll ask them to take a picture and send it to me. Then I'll have my proof for you!

We did have a fun weekend. Air show on Saturday, awesome Chinese food Saturday night. Now I'm back, my phone is fixed (LOVE having that man home), I have a new watch (gorgeous anniversary gift!), and I'm ready to work.

Okay, so on last week's list, I had this:

  1.  Piece back for Hall of Fame quilt. I totally rocked this one. The fabric arrived Thursday afternoon at 3:30 p.m.
  2. Baste, quilt and bind Hall of Fame quilt. After I pieced and pressed the back, I basted this baby and started quilting. At 12:30 a.m. (I had to feed my kids, get the to bed, and oh, pack my car!), I stopped. I was 2/3 done but I was exhausted. Woke up at 6:30 and finished it by 7:30. Bound it and called it good. They were thrilled with it, so that's awesome.
  3.  Play with HSTs. Meh. Didn't feel like it. But I did do something else, but I'll post later about that.
And now we're on to this week. 

Here's my list:
  1. Press Cowgirl HSTs.
  2. Clip dog-ears off HSTs.
  3. Sew together Cowgirl pinwheels.

I'm sticking with three sewing things because we've got fun stuff planned and lots of housekeeping to do before school (law school and homeschool) starts up again for us.

Oh, and some cool pictures, so my blog isn't super boring. I love airshows.

The first two, in case you are interested, are the Patriots. They are a civilian flying team, made up of retired Blue Angels and Thunderbird pilots. They are awesome.


And yes, that's an explosion in the right up there. It was really loud and shook the ground. I was in line for pizzas and these teenage girls behind me were freaking out. One of them was screaming, "Why is the smoke BLACK?!!" Um, it's not going to be pink, sweetheart.


And this was the best picture I could get of the Thunderbirds. They are the Air Force equivalent of the Blue Angels.


What's on your list this week? I promise more sewing related pictures tomorrow and Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. The air show looks fantastic!
    I believe you. (I am terrible about taking pictures.)

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball