Well, 5 out of 8 last quarter was pretty fantastic. 8 was a little ambitious, but if I don't go big, I go home. Or something like that.
So here's to going big.
My 3rd Quarter FAL list is twice as long plus four.
Yep. 20 projects.
Several of these are just needing basting, quilting and binding. I'm determined to clear off that top shelf in my sewing room and give some quilts away for birthdays and Christmas this year.
So here goes:
2. I've had this one cut for forever. A couple of weeks ago, I unearthed it and stitched together the HSTs. This one will take some more work, but it's going to be super cute when it's done! I'm thinking it will be for my baby girl.
4. My Sunkissed Granny squares. And I'm going to hand-quilt it. Yep. A first for me, let me tell you. But I ordered some Finca Perle cotton (even got myself a color card) and I've just got to kidnap my mom's little quilting frame. It should be fun!
5. My mother of a granny squares quilt. This baby is queen sized. I've got a pieced border I'm still working on/arguing with, but it's coming together. And it's awesome! So I've got to finish that border, then baste, quilt, bind. Question - would you hand quilt this, or not? I've got the Finca Perle for it, but as it is going on my bed, I'm not sure. Advice please!
6. I fussy cut a mess of those Holiday Hostess squares for this quilt. I love that fabric that much. Just another to add to my red/white quilt collection for Christmas. I'm thinking this girl is getting backed in red minky though. Because this is going to be my snuggle quilt for the holidays.
7 and 8.
10. My love affair with Lucy continues. Also my love affair with triangles. It's a healthy (and soon to be warm) obsession. Gotta piece this girl, then baste, quilt, bind.
12. Another one started last summer. All the blocks are pieced. I just need a fancy stitch to attach those circles on the center of each block. Then I'll piece the top and, you guessed it, baste, quilt, bind, done. My oldest girl has claimed this one.
13. This red string quilt for a friend's wedding. HAS to be done by the end o' August. Nothing like a deadline to get this girl moving.
15. Yep, another Christmas quilt. Again. But I have five children. Who don't like to share their cozy blankets.
16. My yellow and orange string quilt that I love. That my husband loves. The back is pieced. Just need to baste it and quilt it and then find a binding I like. I'm thinking the small chevrons from Riley Blake in orange. Thoughts?
17. We're having an activity at church Tuesday night where we just get to work on projects. My goal is to get this one cut out. Guess I should press those jelly strips first. I'm excited for this one - LOVE this pattern.
18. The most popular quilt I've ever made. My oldest son's birthday is in November and I've got to get this one done well before that time (my three oldest children are within 4 days of each other, so I've got to be on top of the whole birthday thing by the end of summer). We'll be backing it in red minky because red is his favorite color and minky is awesome. That star print glows in the dark - it's so cool.
I'll be using Mama Said Sew for it, so I've got what I need on pre-order from Pink Castle Fabrics (how awesome is that?!).
So that is twenty projects total! Holy Schmoley!
Linking up at Quilter in the Gap for the party - come join the fun. Make a long list!