What was on my list last week?
- Finish toddler quilt.
- Get distracted by packages arriving in the mail.
I'm on the look-out for a truly stunning quilt for my daughter's bed. Maybe even two if I use some white (or, dare I say it, gray?) in there. Any ideas? I need something that has fairly big blocks, since there are some big prints that beg to be fussy cut. Here's what I was thinking.
I'm really leaning towards this one at the moment:
- Cut and sew a Superman library bag for my littlest guy.
- Cut fabric, interfacing and fusible fleece for sewing machine cover and table mat.
- Cut more Lucy triangles (when fabric arrives).
- Sew up my project bags for the Sewing Buddy challenge.
- Cut out dresses for my oldest girl. Using this pattern, and I'm so excited for it.
Okay. So not bad. Now for this week:
- Piece the red Minky back for my son's R2D2 quilt (as soon as that *#%& fabric arrives)
- Baste his quilt
- Figure out how the heck I'm going to quilt it (maybe I should do that while I wait!)
- Finish thread catcher and sewing mat for Sewing Buddy challenge
- Sew up project bags for Sewing Buddy challenge
- Cut out bodice for my daughter's dresses
- Cut binding for string quilt and R2D2 quilt
- Cut and sew library bag for my little Superman
So I'm just arguing that anyone can learn to take great pictures, but it does start with a decent camera. I know this one isn't anywhere near as fancy (or as expensive) as they get, but it's a starter one for me.
Okay, so on to the finish. Mark this Christmas quilt off the list. Wish I had some fake snow to make it more festive, but we'll deal. Or not. If you want to send me nasty-grams, go ahead. But it's September, so I might not pay any attention because I'm listening to my favorite Christmas albums.
My oldest two are arguing over who gets to sleep with this already. Might have to make another one?
Linking up for Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story. Check it out - they have an adorable Out to Sea quilt on display!