How was your weekend?
This is what it looked like from my sewing room on Friday afternoon:
Yeah. My kids were so excited. Me? Not so much. To battle the unwelcome snowfall, I grabbed a cup of drinking chocolate (I have a killer awesome recipe that is more like drinking melted chocolate than cocoa - AWESOME!) and browsed through the Friday finishes and the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I made my list of nominations for the festival, which was fun.
As for my list last week, well, here it is:
- Quilt and bind zig zag quilt
- Cut out my Weekender bag (and accessory bags from the extra fabric!)
I also cut out the duck for my quilted version and the exterior fabric for my umbrella girl one. I might have also cut some more duck for a Christmas quilted one. Yes, I'm getting carried away. It's what I do.
- Slowly get started on my Weekender bag
Just waiting for payday so I can order my zippers. Making the piping was . . . tedious. I used Steam-a-seam, which is awesome and I've read makes it even faster, which terrifies me to do it the other way.
In the meantime, I made my quilted pieces of out Gypsy Girl.
When these are done, I"ll start on a Christmas one. Because I need a Christmas Weekender bag. You don't? Whatever. You're just in denial, that's all. You really need to just embrace the insanity.
- Finish piecing Richard Scarry #1 top
Still working on this. Once birthdays are over (did I mention I have THREE birthdays coming up - the 3rd, the 4th and the 6th), I'll have more brain power to devote to piecing a top. I need to hurry though. The little man who will get this quilt keeps saying my string quilt is his. Silly boy. But I can't correct him until HIS quilt is done. I'll share until then.
Could you resist this face? I know I can't!
- Piece minky backs for 3 quilts
Okay, on to this week:
- Finish piecing the Richard Scarry quilt
- Sew up some birthday drawstring gift bags (I hate wrapping paper!)
- Baste, quilt and bind the Richard Scarry quilt so Henry will stop feeling left out!
- Cut the white fabric I need for James' Richard Scarry quilt
- Continue working on the Weekender
Have a lovely week!