How was your weekend?
Mine? I'm all caked out. There are new Legos all over the place, my daughter has named her dragons, and I'm done with birthdays until March. Wahoo!
And I got a little surprise Saturday afternoon in the mail:
A few weeks back, I won six fat quarters from The Intrepid Thread in the 3rd Quarter Finish Along. Yippee! I browsed and browsed and browsed some more. In the end, I opted to wait until this collection arrived:
It's called Blooming Lovely by Lola Violet and I love it. I love it all. The Intrepid Thread has fat quarter and half yard bundles available, and I'm hoping they still have them when I get my fabric allowance. Julie is offering at 15% discount right now (through 11/9). Use the coupon code MOVE15 to get it. Just save some for me, 'kay? I'm pulling coordinating fabrics from my stash as well. Can't wait to make something fun and pretty!
I managed to squeeze some sewing in between cake baking and decorating and party prep, but not much. Every now and then I got to sneak in a finish a Max and Whiskers block. They weren't on my list, but when has that ever stopped me? Here's the finished flimsy, ready to baste (I know, when will that happen!) and quilt. Actually, this one is small enough that I don't have to move heaven, earth, and furniture to baste. So sooner rather than later!
Here's my list from last week:
- Finish piecing the Richard Scarry quilt
- Sew up some birthday drawstring gift bags (I hate wrapping paper!)
- Baste, quilt and bind the Richard Scarry quilt so Henry will stop feeling left out!
- Cut the white fabric I need for James' Richard Scarry quilt
- Continue working on the Weekender
Here's my list for this week (and it's cut short because my parents are coming to town for the weekend, so I only have until Thursday and then my sewing space has to be transformed into a guest room).
- Quilt Mr. Henry's Busytown quilt - bind it too
- Start piecing blocks for James' Busytown quilt
- Sew handles and pocket pieces for Weekender bag
- Resist the urge to play with my new fabric that arrived on Saturday