21 January 2013

Make-A-List Monday: This Little Light of Mine

Did I ever mention I was in a gospel choir? For true! I joined the gospel choir at the University of Washington for one quarter. LOVED it! That's one thing I think the LDS (Mormon) faith lacks. Oh sure, MoTab (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) is good, but sometimes you just need to get down with the spirit, don't you think?

Anyway, so that had nothing to do with this post except I've been singing that song since Saturday afternoon.

Here's my problem. It's winter here in northern Idaho (in case it's not winter where you are). It gets dark at about 4:00 p.m. every day. My sewing table is in front of a big ol' window, so I have plenty of natural light in the daytime. At night? Not so much. The overhead light is behind my head, so my noggin blocks the light that I need on my sewing machine.


Enter this little baby. JoAnn's was having a sale (50% off) on OttLites. I've heard great things, and they haven't been exaggerated. An awesome auntie sent me a gift card to JoAnn's for Christmas and this was my choice. Love, love, love it. It's bought me midnight hours of sewing time.

Which is a good thing, because I've got a deadline looming! Here's my list for this week:
  • Finish the Posy Dancing Daisies flimsy (before Wednesday at 7 p.m.)
  • Finish Mama Said Sew blocks and sew together the flimsy
  • Lay out Gypsy Girl patchwork and sew together the flimsy
  • Start Flirt 9-patch blocks
There. That's all. I want to write more, but I'll keep it realistic.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I've been struggling with lighting in my sewing area myself. I'll have to keep an eye out for the coupons....

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball