18 March 2013

Make-A-List Monday: The Birthday Edition (or why I don't like surprises)


Yep. It's my birthday today! And what a treat I get - I've got a mountain of laundry from our trip just calling my name!

Fortunately, I have this:

 And I also have an amazing husband, who last night told me about my birthday present. FYI, I hate surprises. As in surprise parties. My friends in 8th grade threw me a surprise birthday party and it was misery. At least, leading up to it was. They were constantly whispering and I swore they weren't my friends anymore by the time my birthday rolled around. Sure, it was funny, but I really wasn't a happy girl that day.

Surprise gifts are okay. Awesome. Making someone think they aren't getting anything is not okay. That's about how I was feeling yesterday afternoon. After going all out for my husband's birthday with a special breakfast, special dinner, homemade cake, gifts, gifts from the kids, the whole shebang, I was in a rather bitter mood.

In walks my husband, who tells me he'd like to take this afternoon and go to the science center with the kids for a few hours. I get to stay home and do whatever I want. And trust me, laundry is not what I'm going to be doing. Well, a little.

So here's to fabulous husbands and Dr. Pepper. I'm going to be finishing up my PKM scrappy trips during my free time.

As for this week's list:
  • Finish PKM scrappy trip blocks
  • Finish Dottie blocks
  • Lay out and piece Gypsy Girl flimsy
  • Lay out and piece London scrappy trips
  • Lay out and finish blocks for Cowgirl SW Taffy
I think that's good. Hope I get more done, but I'm happy if I just get that list wiped clean.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I can't think of a better birthday gift than a few hours alone with my sewing machine :-). I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and congrats on a few hours of solitude--rare in my part of the world during the work week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Jennie! Enjoy your alone time with the sewing machine ... Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Dr. Pepper is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Hope it was a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, happy birthday! Sounds like it worked out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I asked for that gift for Mothers Day once, and got it. It was great! It's my birthday in 3 weeks. Wonder what I'll get?

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball