The curse is that I can bake anything. And I've found during these last two years of law school for my husband that I am a stress eater. I might have always been, but my metabolism has slowed down. I'm trying to retrain my stress/anxiety response by heading towards the sewing room instead of the fridge. Last week, I think it worked!
I won't share all the stress (three showings of the house!), but I found myself finding solace at my sewing table. Don't worry. My family wasn't neglected. I had plenty of peanut butter, chicken nuggets and orange juice in the house. Only sorta kidding!
Here's my list from last week:
- Piece Hello Sunshine Jacob's Ladder blocks
- Piece borders for Posy Kiss Me quilt
- Finish piecing green/pink/brown blocks (H2H quilt!)
- Make two bee blocks and mail them
As for this week:
- Cut out 2 nightgowns for my oldest girl
- Cut out three furry brown vests for my boys, who all want to be Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon (we're a bit dragon crazy over here lately!)
- Cut Happy Go Lucky charms for a nine-patch/snowball quilt (inspired by this one)
- Cut more charm squares for Backyard Baby patchwork (an H2H quilt)
- And if the stuff arrives, cut out 2 nightgowns for me!