25 November 2013

Make-A-List Monday: Happy Thanksgiving!

It's the week of my second favorite holiday: Thanksgiving. I love the cooking. Yes, you read that right. I LOVE the cooking. I don't have to cook the entire meal (not that I mind), so I just have to contribute my favorites: lemon tarts, coconut cake, my mom's famous orange Jello, my favorite carrot recipe (try it - you'll love it!), and rolls. Lots and lots of gloriously white, fluffy rolls.

But before the big feasting day of gratitude, I get to get a few things done. And if I hadn't hit a major de-rail with sick kids, sick me and pattern frustrations, life would be just peachy! Once again, I'm learning that a sick mom doesn't get to be sick. Someone still has to fix dinner, do the laundry and wasH the dishes. No wonder it takes me twice as long to get over a cold.

As for last week's goal: the stockings! I'm trying to be more excited about these, but honestly, the whole pattern enlargement was making me batty. I finally found a simplicity pattern that I'm going to make work, but honestly, what a nightmare.


This week's list will have to be short, because with the holiday and family coming to town for the long weekend, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are mostly taken. Mostly. I might squeeze a bit in on Thursday before the big dinner. And Friday before my parents arrive. But not much. So here's the list:
  • Maybe, just maybe, quilt that string quilt (gotta sweet talk the sister-in-law!) 
  • Finish those stockings, which involves embroidering names on the cuffs and putting them all together
  • Make one Bijou travel bag (gotta figure out how to do the zipper panel without exposed seams on the inside)
  • Cut out Mom's Weekender bag (gotta get this girl done before Christmas!)
There. That's all. Along with all the cooking, I should be pretty busy this week!

Wishing you a lovely holiday, if you're celebrating. If not, have a great Thursday and I'll see you back here on Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Yes,yes that is why it takes us mama's so long to get over being sick and why we get sick so easily again:( I am still fighting it! Best of luck to you!

    Enjoy your family and cooking! The coconut cake sounds sooo good!

    Beautiful stockings---gorgeous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Jen. Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! You mentioned your mom's famous orange jello ..... would you mind sharing that recipe? It sounds so good!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball