But on to my list. Or lack of list, because I'm chucking the list this week. I just don't feel like it. Well, making a list, yes. Sticking to it hard-core, no.
Here's my list, that I may or may not do anything with:
- Sew my daughter's Sophia bag - the one she declares she doesn't like anymore (dang you, pink!) - which means my youngest daughter will get a bag she could probably fit inside, but which will carry most of her stuffed animal collection should it all hit the fan and we've got to get out with said stuffed animals. We're crazy preppers like that!
- Make some zippy bags - I'm in the mood for instand gratification, and this one is right up my alley. Ordered some zippers from my favorite zipper shop (seriously, how great is this little shop!), and I'll get some things cut out and going before the zippers get here. Then the serious cuteness begins. I might even make some of these little Valentine's zippy pouches for my kids.
- And speaking of zippy bags, who is interested in a swap? I've never done one before and it's about dang time. So think on it.
- Start sewing lessons for my oldest girl. She's done a few things before, but we're going to get serious now. I want her to be able to walk in and sit down and sew without me hovering over her. My new friend (I think we were separated at birth actually) had the best idea for helping sew a quarter inch seam allowance using a stack of post-it notes. Genius. But then all my friends are geniuses!
- Start my Lucy's Crab Shack patchwork Weekender. Um, I told you it was a sickness, right? Because it totally is. And I discovered that I have more than enough squares to make one from my Lucy's Crab Shack quilt scraps (one is finished). This is happening. I found the fabrics I need for the other parts, and it's going to make you crazy jealous when you see it! Then I'll have a beachy Weekender and a
campingGlamping Weekender. I really should be making London or Paris ones so I can go on really fabulous vacations.
- Which means I really need to put together my Weekender blog post of tips, tricks, and general awesomeness.