25 May 2018

Friday Finish: Two quilts!

My trek to Issaquah will have to be a once a month thing, but I don't mind. I just can't do any fancy quilting when I've got a two hour round-trip commute in the mix. Still, I'm happy just to get them done.

Actually, talking with the lady who runs the shop, I realized something about me and my quilts. My quilts aren't art. I mean, I think they're beautiful and I do my best at piecing and quilting them, but they're meant to be functional. I feel the same about wedding cakes. I want my quilts to be used and loved. I want my kids to build forts with them. I want my daughter to drag them out to the backyard so she can read a book in the sunshine. I want to have picnics on them. I want them to go on camping trips. So I don't spend a whole lot of time quilting them because I want them done and in use!

So here they are, my finished quilts for the month of May:

Glamping Big Hexies


Stats:
Pattern: just big hexagons
Size: generous twin size
Fabric: Glamping by Mary Jane for Moda

Home for Harvest Open Season



Stats:
Pattern: Open Season from the book Schnibbles Times Two
Size: 80x84
Fabric: Home for Harvest by Heather Peterson for Henry Glass Fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball