13 July 2012

Friday Finish: Lucy's Crab Cakes are done!

Check off the first finished quilt of the 3Q FAL baby! I'm determined to plow through that list. With a quilting plow. Or something.

I present to you Lucy's Crab Cakes:


I know, more of my awesome photography skills. I need a new camera. And I need a new backyard. And one of those cool wrought iron beds to put my quilts on. And for this quilt, I need a beach. With a virgin pina colada and a book. And my husband and no kids.

Sorry. Little daydreaming there. But a beach shot would be nice. Sadly, there are no beaches where I live (although I'm not landlocked - just have to travel like Lewis and Clark did to get to the Pacific, and I'm fresh out of canoes).


Backed her in that cute clothesline print. The bikinis crack me up.


This one (above) would be my daughter's favorite block because the name of the city she was born in is written in green (we did live 9 blocks from the ocean at one point - why oh why did we leave?).


And this one is my favorite. I'm actually seriously contemplating a bag made from these fabrics. Think I can convince my husband that I need a new bag? I scored this pattern yesterday (and paid far too much for it, but I'd never seen it before).


I know, it's been out for forever, but I'm not as cool as everyone else. I'm still wearing boot cut jeans when skinny jeans are in style. But I love this bag. It's oh so perfect for me and it just might become my new favorite. Be prepared to see many versions of it soon. I might have to give some as gifts. Might.

Okay, the stats on that quilt up there:

Pattern: Piece of Cake 3 by Camille Roskelley for Thimbleblossoms - it really is a piece of cake, I promise!
The fabric: one Lucy's Crab Shack layer cake, plus some yardage
The size: 63ish X 74ish - the perfect beach blanket (if you're lucky enough to have a beach)
Quilting: meandering loop - I've done this so many times now I might start walking in a meandering loop and that would be bad. Going to switch over to straight lines for a bit before that happens.

Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, who has some pretty amazing finishes on her blog.

Have a great weekend - I'll be plowing. On my sewing machine. Because I like to mix metaphors.

6 comments:

  1. thanks! i needed those laughs! If you haven't read Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) (http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Pretend-This-Never-Happened/dp/0399159010/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342204118&sr=8-1&keywords=let%27s+pretend+this+never+happened) I think you might like it--your senses of humor are quite similar.
    p.s. Boot cuts are OUT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I love Lucy's Crab Shack. Your meandering loop quilting looks awesome...I have got to try that...I'm an organic line quilter ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the quilt! And what's with the skinny jeans? I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post!

    I LOVE boot cut jeans. They are NEVER out. Cuz I say so. =)

    Cute bag, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your attitude...and pictures....

    Anything that you see that you have not seen before is new to you, no matter how old it is....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt! I'm contemplating quilting a top similar to the way you did this one. Do you make your loops up and down or in small sections?

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball