01 November 2013

Friday Finish: do.Good Stitches quilt

Hope there's enough Fridays for all my finishes! Which also means I've got to get to finishing more stuff!

The Gammill is quickly becoming my new best friend. Well, it's more like the really cool girl who lets me hang out with her. But still. She LETS ME HANG OUT WITH HER! Sorry for shouting. It's just so awesome!

I won't even tell you how long I've had these blocks. I hemmed and hawed over sashing and whatnot. Then I needed some more backing material. And then binding.



But now it is done and ready to ship! It's even bound in yellow polka dot. I want to keep it for the binding alone.


Hooray for finally finishing it! Checking it off the 4QFAL list. At this rate, I won't get it all done, but I'm gonna get a lot done!

And now, back to working on Christmas stuff. My string quilt is on hold until I get more white. By the way, I love the new changes at Fat Quarter Shop (wishlist, anyone!), but I don't see the discount if you order 15 yards or more of fabric. I always ordered a bolt of white (or two!), and it was nice to get the price knocked down. Sigh. Time to find a new source for Moda Bella White. Bummer.

Linking up with Sarah (LOVE that orphan pinwheel quilt!) and Amanda Jean.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun and friendly! I love the cornerstones with this block. The sashing and binding really make these blocks sing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt - sunny and cheerful! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If sunshine was made of fabric, it would look like this. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally reminiscent of the sunshine! Super quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy quilt! Love that binding too. So fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out so cute!!! So bright and happy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yellow dot binding...perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's got a nice retro vibe to me and the binding is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beauty, Jennie and I can see why the Gammill Girl is your your NQBF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks beautiful. so happy and sunshiney! great job.

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball